Thursday, February 19, 2015

15 Weeks!


How Far along: 15 weeks! 175 days to go!

Weight: Lost 3 lbs

How Do I feel: My sense of smell and my gag reflex has been heightened this week. I've had to fight back the pukes far too often this week. I have ways of coping: breathing deep, drinking ice cold water, and avoiding smells that make me want to puke. Basically anything " smelly" and somethings that aren't smelly. Loading the washing machine, smelling the coffee pot on the counter the other day, rotten citrus, the trash can. Yikes just writing about these smells makes me feel sick :-( Pregnancy is such a roller coaster! Everyday is different! A friend did share with me that a growth hormone causes the nausea, which helps to get though it knowing the baby is growing!

What I miss: Feeling " normal." Like I said these last few weeks have been pretty "gaggy".

Sleep: I'm sleeping great. Nothing to report here! Praise the Lord.

Cravings: Yesterday was Chalupa's from Taco Bell! And oh my those tasted great. My citrus craving has subsided, maybe the baby and I just need extra Vitamin C last week. My appetite has really slowed down this week too, I am trying to eat a little more at each meal then I " feel" like, because I have only lost weight in the last few weeks.

Movement: Nothing yet! So anxious to sense and feel this little one inside of me. Soon enough. Soon enough. My app says between 15-20 weeks is pretty typical for feeling baby move. The app says some women compare it to " gas, butterflies, or popcorn popping."


Mama Thoughts: This last week I've been pretty emotional, feel intense feelings of love and excitement for the journey ahead. I've recently had so much peace when thinking about having a little one. I cannot wait to feel this baby move inside of me, to see it's sweet face and to be able to kiss our babies sweet little cheeks. I am so looking forward to Motherhood. I'm still feeling very natural about having a girl, but the more I think about and ponder on having a little boy, the more natural it feels. We have our girl name picked out, it's a name I'm %100 crazy about, we have yet to pick out a boy name that either of us adore. We have a few top contenders on both the girl and boy list of names, and I don't want to decide until I see that baby, but boy names are much harder for us to tack down!

Additional Information: " Your baby now measures roughly 4 inches, crown to rump, and weights in at approx. 2.5 ounces ( about the size of an apple) He or she is busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs being to develop. Your baby's legs are growing longer then His arms now and He or She can move those tiny joints and limbs." 


No comments:

Post a Comment