Friday, April 17, 2015

23 weeks!


How far along: 23 wks

How much more to go: 17 weeks! 118 days to go!

How do I feel: I've been telling everyone the same thing: HUNGRY! Hah, this babe is growing!

Sleep: pretty good all around!

Cravings: JALAPENO'S!!! Can't get enough of these spicy lil things. We made stuffed baked jalapeno's a few days back and I've made a trip to Jack in the box, for poppers recently. because YUM.

Maternity clothes: loving my maternity clothes!

Movement: I'm feeling this sweetie daily now! It's so wonderful!! I look forward every day to feeling those little kicks and flutters. I'm learning, my app tells me, my baby's sleep patterns! Baby R is starting to form patterns and habits in their sleep, and I will start to learn those by sensing their movements ( wake time) and no movements ( most likely sleeping)
In that theory, the baby loves to be awake early mornings, noon-ish, and evenings. 

Weight: same as last, gained 5-7 lbs total

Mamma thoughts: felt a little overwhelmed yesterday when we were out to dinner and pretty emotional when thinking about being a Mamma, and not in a positive way. it is a very overwhelming thought, thinking about caring for a baby, and not really knowing what to do. I know we're going to develop out own patterns and ways, and learn what our baby needs most, but I really want to set patterns as soon as possible as far as sleep and eating goes. This post really encouraged me! Kelsey is one of my favorites! 

Additional info: Turn on some tunes and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about the size of a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment