Friday, March 27, 2015

20 weeks! ( Ultra sound pictures!!)

 Front facing,( you can see the eyes, nose and mouth here.)
 Arms, you can clearly see the bones and elbows and tiny fingers!
Here's the little thumb sucker! (insert googly heart eye emoji here)
Here's the side body shot.

How far along/ how far to go: HALF WAY DONE! HALF WAY TO GO!!

Mama thoughts: I try think of difficult or "long periods of time" things I've done, and the half way point in each of those things, and the first half for sure goes by slower then the second half! We had our 20 wk anatomy scan on Tuesday! That was a roller coaster! Phew. They have you drink SO MUCH WATER. I was curious why so I looked it up! "The readings from ultra sounds are much clearer and thus more accurate once you have a full bladder. Remember that the ultra sound is waves bouncing off from different sounds and motions in order to create an image - so having a full bladder aids with a 'picture perfect' ultrasound." So that wasn't fun, I was pretty close to crying, because we waited over 1.5 hrs with an entirely full bladder. Thankfully the tech let me go to the bathroom when I got into the room, because she said my bladder would fill up again as she was scanning. I think I drank too much water, so ladies, don't go crazy. But the ultra sound itself was really mind blowing. It took about 45 min, and out Child wasn't moving a lot, so she had to move me around and ask me to go to the bathroom again, hoping that would make the baby move. She took scans of every important part of the baby, Brain, different bones in the babies legs and arms, bladder, heart chambers, measured my placenta, and the babies skull. She caught the baby sucking it's thumb and said ( i couldn't see this part because she had me lay on my side away from the screen) that our baby has a " Cute Profile!" She really couldn't get a clear shot of the profile which made me really sad. Before I went in I imagined staring at that little profile, just imagining what our little one looks like. But she did get some good side view shots of the whole body! And boy oh boy does that kid have some LEGS! Legs for days. Basketball or super model, that's my current theory ;) 

Weight: still only up 5lbs!  

How do I feel: Really good for the most part! My throaty congestion is almost gone and my voice almost back! PTL. I have spring break next week, and some time off of work, so I'm really looking forward to doing some more nursery organizing, crafts, and resting! Rory and I shopping around for nursery chairs this past week and found the kind we love. We plan on buying our Glider Swivel Recliner from Costco, they have a " Rory Recliner" that we couldn't pass up! ;-) It's a gift from Rory's Mom! She's amazing. 

Maternity clothes: I'm wearing mostly maternity tops and some bottoms. Same as last week. 

Cravings: same as last week, nothing special to report here.
 
Additional Information: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — about the size of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).


Movement: Nothing to report here (sad face) I know I've felt the baby move, but as a first time Momma, I can't really distinguish the kicks from gas bubbles. So they say when you feel a lot of gas bubbles, that's the baby. I am anxious to feel those first real noticeable kicks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment