Monday, March 23, 2015

19 Weeks!!!!


How Far along/ how long to go??: 19 weeks along,145 days to go, 21 weeks to go! That means I'm about half way there! That's insane and freaks me out! YIKES we don't have ANYTHING for the baby yet!!! 

How I feel: Overall doing pretty well, this cold/allergies (?) are still here, but are slowly going away, nights & mornings are the hardest. My poor voice has been gone for weeks now, and that is the worst part of all of this. Pregnancy wise, nothing really daunting...(thankful.) My arms and hands are no longer messing with my sleep at night, which is so lovely! 

Sleep: Sleep is back to normal, I'm really trying to train myself to sleep on my left side, vs. my back, right side or stomach. I'm not a left side sleeper, I mostly sleep on my stomach and right side. It's starting to be very uncomfortable sleeping on my stomach, so that helps. 

What I miss: my non pregnancy clothes. It's a little discouraging putting on a pair of shorts or even some of my shoes, and see that they're snug or hurt to wear or don't fit at all. It's just that feeling of gaining weight and not fitting into your clothes that is disappointing, but then that thought hits you about why they don't fit and all that disappointment flies out the window!   

Maternity clothes: I'm wearing a lot of maternity shirts and dresses. I've worn some looser cinched jeans and pants, but nothing really for the bottoms yet. I'm using the old hair band on the button trick for most of my pants/shorts, but I do have a few that still fit. 

Weight gain: Will find out tomorrow at our 20 week anatomy ultrasound! This belly is sure poppin though! I'm finally showing! It's a wonderful feeling knowing the world can almost tell you're carrying a little miracle.

Mama thoughts: I'm thrilled and so looking forward to our 20 week scan tomorrow! It's a very in-depth ultrasound that scans every part of the little one to make sure everything's growing and forming properly. Our plan is, with the advice of Momma's who have come before me, to go to the office about an hr before our appt because you are required to drink a lot of water. I think that's a smart idea! That way I don't have to travel or walk too far with an overly full bladder. Other then that I can't believe I'm half way there!!! It's mind blowing how quickly this all has gone. At the same time that does cause me a little rush of " oh no, we really need to clean and organize and buy!" I obviously have my baby showers to look forward to, where I know many people will bless us with feathering our nest for out little one, but we are planning a lot of neat things for the nursery, and a trip to Ikea for a crib! So we really do need to get a move on these things :-) Which is nothing but fun! 

Movement: I haven't felt anything definitive yet, but there are a few " gas bubbles" I feel that I question. That's what it's supposed to feel like, gas bubbles, a butterfly flapping it's wings, popcorn popping, etc. I'm guessing this baby is just gonna wait till it's a little  bigger and stronger and will give me a big ole kick to let me know it's there :-) I always  sense extra pressure on the right side of my tummy, so I think the baby loves being on the right side, since it has a little extra room (for now) in there. My thoughts about that, is that Rory sleeps on my right side, and He talks to the baby, reads sings, says " good night I love you baby" so the baby loves my right side!

Cravings: no cravings! This pregnancy has been interesting in this way, I haven't had any serious cravings, which hopefully means I'm eating right and this baby is getting everything it needs.

Additional Information: Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The hair on her scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment