Monday, August 10, 2015

40 weeks!





Here we are folks! Full term! Any day now Baby ;)

How far along: 
40 weeks
( my technical due date is still friday, but I go by today because of how baby was measuring, we're praying baby comes Aug 12th, Wed, because Rory's Dad's birthday was on Aug 12th and He passed away 10 years ago, so it would such an honor to have baby then!)

How far to go:
any day now!!!!

Sleep: 
Slept great last night! Didn't even get up to pee! Most nights I get up about once to pee, and sometimes my legs get sore, but otherwise I'm sleeping great. Can't wait to sleep on my stomach again so soon!

How do I feel:
I feel good for the most part, told my Mom today that I feel like a over stuffed Thanksgiving Turkey! I was feeling a bit off earlier in the day, lethargic and overstuffed. I'm feeling more balanced now. I feel a lot of pressure in my lower areas, I can feel baby's head in my birth canal, so there's a lot of pressure and sitting on anything too firm will leave me sore after awhile. My lower back has also been hurting and sore, quite often recently.

Dr. Updates: 
Dr. Burgo's checked me at my apt. Thursday and I'm 2 cm dilated!! No effacement. My Bp was perfect and I shared with Him that I don't not want to be induced unless medically necessary and He fully agreed with me. :-)!  

Mama thoughts: 
I'm so ready to get this show on the road!! So anxious to see what we're having and meet our baby! I'm also so excited to see how my birth story plays out! I hear so many stories and am to the point with learning about pregnancy/labor and hearing stories, that I don't want to hear or learn anymore, I'm just ready to do it!


Additional Information: 
Our baby is the size of a watermelon. It's the official end of your pregnancy — though your baby might not have gotten that memo. Hang in there. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

Weight:
25 lbs









No comments:

Post a Comment