Thursday, May 21, 2015

Why hello there third trimester!! 28 weeks!!


How far along: 28 weeks!!! Third trimester!!

How long to go: only 12 more weeks!

How do I feel: This week has been a tough one!! I'm really feeling the weight of the baby, and at work my belly is sore after being on my feet all evening, sitting down is a God-sent! I haven't been sleeping very well, but i'll explain that more in the section below. It's been a tough week needless to say. Thank God for my husband, what a blessing He is, with late night foot and back rubs! I don't know how some women do this alone... God bless & keep them! 

Birth Plan: My Momma is here from out of state right now, so we had to make an appointment with my Doula! My Mom was very impressed! I'm so happy we got to sit and chat for a few hours with her. We went over questions I had about my birth plan. I'm feeling more and more confident about what I want, but keeping an open mind, knowing things rarely work out the way we want them to :-) God knows what I need and what I can handle. 

Sleep: rough rough. I went from sleeping like a pro, to having a really hard sleep week. I don't think this will become a habit, i just had some bad stomach aches and trying to find a comfortable position has been hard too. Last night I slept perfectly fine, PTL, so I'm hoping i go back into my normal pattern of sleep!

Movement: Rory got to feel the baby a few days ago!! He was so thrilled He let out this goofy little giggle and it startled the baby, so it stopped kicking :-) Movement is very common at night, when I finally settle down. 

Additional Info: My Dr. is ,asking that I do ultrasounds every few weeks to track the babies growth, until 34 weeks because I'm measuring bigger, which is no surprise because of my pre baby belly, but He just wants to make sure the baby is growing normally so, I surprised my Mom with a trip to Kaiser for an ultrasound!! It was lovely, but very anticlimactic. The baby wasn't very ready for it's close-up. Little one did move quite a bit while she was trying to get the angles she needed. 

Good profile shot of our little bugger <3


Nursery: We got out CRIB!!!! I'm in LOVE! 
Here's Mr. Rory setting it up! We'll put it in the nursery along with a few other goodies we've received once my Mom takes off and we can move the queen bed out. My baby shower is next month, so we'll be nice and ready for baby by then! Then just two more months till our big day! 

By this week, your baby weighs 2 1/4 pounds (about the size of a large eggplant) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can open and close her eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before she's batting those beauties at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment