Thursday, May 14, 2015

27 weeks!



How far along: 27 weeks, only 90 days to go! only 13 weeks to go!

Weight gain: 17 lbs

Sleep: fairly normal and good! I'm sleeping through the night and getting plenty of sleep! naps haven't been very frequent these last few days, which is interesting, I swear I napped more pre pregnant than I have my entire pregnancy. odd :-)

How do I feel: I'd have to say that this has been one of the best weeks as far as how I'm feeling goes. I feel almost completely my " Pre-pregnancy" self, besides the belly and baby movement. I am sleeping really well, my appetite is normal, and I have a lot of energy ; I am not half as tired as I was last week. So that's great!

Nursery: We are not going to end up getting the crib from my Mom's bosses, so that's a bit of a bummer. We will most likely get a crib from Ikea or diapers.com, they have a lot of cute, inexpensive cribs. We are deciding on a mini crib or a transitional crib, weighing the pros and cons of both. We'll keep you updated on our choices. 

Mama thoughts: Had a doctors appointment Monday and got my test results from recent blood work and my glucose test. Everything result was perfect. I was a " Stone cold negative" on my glucose test, as my doctor stated :-) and my iron levels are perfect. I'm happy to get that report! And as far as my weight gain, I'm not surprised at ALL. the last few weeks I've been so hungry. And my hunger totally stopped a few days ago, so now I'm back to my normal eating patterns and appetites!
Hopefully my weight stays pretty much the same, the rest of it, as this is the most weight I wanted to gain. Pray! :-)

*Birth Plan*: (New section!) This is a new topic in Rory and I's conversations and in my mind. I'm using a pre made template for my birth plan and am also writing a hospital check list, a few ideas from respected Mamma's and some from a book. Our current topic as far as the birth plan goes, is whether or not to send the baby to the nursery whatever nights we spend in the hospital. We are again weighing pros and cons and getting advice on this. Since sleep is a goal for our family as we venture into this new journey, I'm leaning towards sending the baby to the nursery. I'm also going to meet with my doula Rebekah and go over the other details of our birth plan, the things I just don't understand because this is such a experience for us! 

Maternity clothes: I unfortunately had to return 3/5 of the items I recently purchased from Old Navy maternity, they were HUGE! I purchased them in my normal size, and was astounded at how I floated in them. Old Navy maternity is not true to size, but any means. It was a bit of a hassle returning the items, but O.N. makes it pretty painless. Just had to make a few trips to the P.O.  

Movement: Is so enjoyable and I look forward to it daily. A few days ago I hadn't noticed a lot of movement and it concerned me a little but not too much. I text my sister and looked up online what other women had to say and felt peace. Sugar usually makes the baby move big time and after a soda and candy bar the baby moved again and made my day. 

Additional information: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment